Sunday, June 14, 2015

Dragons of Ice and Fire

Welcome to my new blog, Dragons of Ice and Fire. As an avid reader of the A Song of Ice and Fire series (ASOIAF) written by G.R.R. Martin, and a loyal viewer Game of Thrones, the HBO series based on the books, I get to share my love for the world of Westeros, Essos and Sothoryos with one of my favorite characters from my own books.

Zander Jensen, a fictional character from my Reborn Series, is as big of a fan as I am, if not bigger. The beauty of creating a character like Zander, using my own interests, is that I get to expand and push it to the next level. Zander has a sword collection which I wish to own myself someday, and whenever he is asked about his favorite series or his swords, he not only becomes full of excitement, he comes alive and as a part of me so do I. Zander makes me laugh more than any other character I have written, and because of him I have learned to laugh at myself as well. 

I created this blog for Zander, so that together we can push even further, letting out my inner nerd through his voice. Over the next few weeks, Zander will begin by re-reading the series and posting weekly chapter reaction summaries, to which I hope many great discussions and theories will develop.

I hope you all decide to join me on this adventure and get to know Zander in a way that simply can't be done in my books. Zander has a strong voice that demands to be heard, and I am so excited to let him out of the cage that is my mind. Although Zander is a fictional character, he feels alive to me and eventually he may to you as well.

AnnMarie Stone



No comments:

Post a Comment