Sunday, June 14, 2015

Zander Jensen - My First Post


Welcome to my new fan blog, my name is Zander Jensen. I am a 'gifted' national journalist, and a HUGE fan of ASOIAF. In my spare time I am a collector, I like to box, and I offer my protection to those in need, usually in the form of wielding a sword until the bad guy laughs so hard he pees his pants. Secretly, I use telekinesis and auric sight to battle evil.

I am about to begin something exciting, and I cannot wait to share this experience with all of you. I previously read the first five books in the series a few years ago, and since I have been anxiously waiting for Winds of Winter for FOREVER, I have decided to kill the time by re-reading the series and starting this blog. That's right readers, discussing ASOIAF is my crack, and you are my dealers! Shame on you, but seriously thank you! I also enjoy watching the HBO series based on the books. I realize some fans only read the books, and some only watch the show, so I will keep the veering story lines separate as much as possible.

I hope this adventure will not only help to pass the time as we all patiently wait for book 6, but that is will also remind me of all the things I've forgotten, or possibly missed the first time around. Discussing ASOIAF fan theories is one of my favorite hobbies, but unfortunately I do not interact with many people who share my intense interest. I am looking forward to creating an outlet for all this crazy information in my head, someone to laugh with, cry with, or just get pissed of with. UGH!

If you are already a fan, I encourage you to read with me and re-experience the magnificent and immense world created by G.R.R. Martin, then share what you missed the first time around, or new theories you may have come up with.

If you are new to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, I encourage you to also read with me, but be careful to read the weeks chapters beforehand to avoid spoilers. Rest assured, if at anytime I have a theory, comment or remark regarding a spoiler from the future chapters or books, I will always label it as a spoiler in the hope to keep you all innocent and let you experience the pain and suffering in the way you were meant to, like a place in which you can throw your book or reading device across the room and assume the fetal position, but only long enough to realize you need to keep reading. WHAT, you don't believe me? It will happen, I promise you. You will know exactly what I am talking about when the time comes.

This week I am working out the reading schedule and I will post it as soon as I have it all set. Then all that's left to do is grab your reading glasses, find a comfy chair, and start reading! See you soon!




~ Zander


'There's no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.' ~ Jon Snow


No comments:

Post a Comment